Each ml contains
- Tranexamic acid IP 100 mg.
- Water for injection qs
Indications: Surgery, Trauma, Gynaecological bleeding, Epistaxis, GIT bleeding, Haematuria, Haemoglobinuria & blood in milk
Dosage & administration
- Immediately before surgery administer 5-10 mg. per kg. body weight IV together with replacement therapy. Following surgery, IM or IV therapy at a dose rate of 5-10 mg per kg body weight three to four times daily, may be used for 2-8 days.
- To stop bleeding : 5-10 mg per kg. body weight 2-3 times daily through IM/IV route, can be used for 2-8 days.
- May be mixed with most infusions such as electrolyte solution, carbohydrate solution, amino acid solution and dextran solution. It should not be mixed with blood and solutions containing penicillins.
- Topical use: in severe bleeding can be applied topically for 2 minutes, 3-4 times a day in addition to systemic injection
Presentation : 20ml. & 50 ml.